In the Ecommerce platform, Checkout is the process which an online buyer undergoes after having done with his selection of items. It is the visual display of the frontend of a customer’s shopping experience. Being the final step in their transaction, customers have to make their decision at this process.
Importance of Optimal Checkout Process
A progressive, optimized, and convenient checkout process plays a crucial role in achieving success of Ecommerce . Customers make up their mind about sealing the transactions at this point, and it has to be easy and encouraging to them. Failure to design a user-friendly and comfortable checkout may turn potential buyers off. Time-starved and fast-paced lifestyle of the modern day drives people toward technologies that consume lesser time while offering more value.
At design stage of a website for Ecommerce activity, care should be taken to make the layout accessible, navigation easier, and to avoid unwanted clutter in the form of extra steps involved. Shorter steps, simpler and orderly interface attract customers more toward finalizing their purchase and finish their transactions. This experience leads to repeated buyers as well. Even if other factors in the website have been designed and developed perfectly, failure to provide an easy-to-use checkout process may render the site unpopular among users. Hence it is vital to focus on presenting a fabulous checkout experience that draws individuals by its own characteristics.
Checkout Process to Achieve Better Conversion Rates
- It is advisable to not ask for Login Information
- Allow Buyers to SAVE Personal Information
- Make use of few number of shorter steps
- Keep Visitors indicated with prompts of Progress in the Checkout process
- Make Recommendations for Complementary Products
- Create a Logical Flow in the steps of Checkout
- Multiple Shipping & Rush Processing help attract visitors
- Assure Visitors about Safety and Security Aspects
How to make Checkout Process Short and Fast
- Hidden or Surprise charges must be avoided
- Multiple Registration Option must be given
- Choice of returning later must be given to users
- Varied Payment Options must be given
- Language must be simple and easily understandable by global customers
"By offering an expedited checkout, customer satisfaction is earned, which leads to the possibility of serving more people. Faster and less time-consuming processes are welcome by the modern man; innovative and secure payment options provide means to reach a huge volume of customers."